Full Day Everglades Kayak Tours
The three hour Everglades Kayak Tour is just $109.50 per person plus tax. This does not include gratuity for your guide (typically 15-20%). The tours are a minimum of 2 people.
The six hour Everglades Kayak Tour is just $199.50 per person plus tax. This does not include gratuity for your guide (typically 15-20%). The tours are a minimum of 2 people.
It is occasionally necessary to revise our planned route based upon guests’ interests and abilities, water levels, tidal currents, safe weather conditions, wind and wave levels. The freshwater cypress swamp may not be passable in late winter because the river can dry up as a natural part of the seasonal cycle.
Our guides have a pulse on the Everglades and have chosen to live and work in the area as a way of life. Our guides are experienced naturalists who are passionate about this fragile ecosystem. Allow them to show you their secret places while sharing their vast knowledge of this irreplaceable world treasure.
Safety is paramount. Even if you have never kayaked before, paddling in the Everglades is great for beginners because our water is warm, flat and shallow. Your guide will thoroughly discuss safety procedures before we head out. Everyone is required to wear a provided PFD (life vest) for the duration of the tour. Your guide will also carry safety, navigation and communications equipment. You will be paddling in comfortable and stable high-quality kayaks and using the best equipment. The type of kayak used will be based on your experience and the current weather conditions. We never go out if dangerous weather conditions (lightening, waves, wind, etc) threaten.
What to Bring:
A soft side cooler with snacks, lunch and plenty of water (2 liters) is perfect. Don’t worry, there is plenty of room in the kayaks for your gear. Please bring good sun protection including wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, long-sleeved shirt, waterproof sun block and lip balm. Also bring insect repellant with 15-30% DEET. Most importantly, wear protective footwear for walking in water, deep soft mud, and sharp oyster shells. Your shoes will get wet. Sport shoes work great, but no flip flops. Don’t forget your camera and binoculars!
Although infrequent, it is sometimes necessary for us to cancel or modify a trip because of unusual or unexpected circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any trip due to adverse weather conditions, water levels, forest fires, hurricanes, permit restrictions or other circumstances beyond our control. In the event of a cancellation or modification of a trip, we will fully refund the tour price, but we cannot be held responsible for any other resulting expenses (transportation, lodging, etc.) incurred by guests.
Why Choose Us for your Everglades Kayak Tours?
- Over twelve years in business serving Southwest Florida and The Florida Everglades
Interested? Please give us a call (1-239-262-6149) or drop us an email and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. Sign up now and take home a lifetime of memories. Spaces are limited!
Here are some commonly asked questions about our Guided Kayak Nature Tours
- Is it common to give a gratuity to my guide? It is certainly customary in the United States to give a gratuity to service personnel who have done a good job, just as you would at any other venue. Remember that your tour guide is checking the weather and tide, loading and unloading the kayaks or boards and working hard to find wildlife on your kayak tour or SUP tour. All of this is in addition to the significant investment in training and equipment that our professional guides have put forth.
- Are there alligators? There are alligators in Florida. We don’t provide tours in areas that normally would have any significant population of gators, but the Turner River may have alligators. Remember also that gators really just want to eat, sleep and make more gators. They usually eat things like fish and turtles.
- What should I wear? Ideally you should protect your skin from the sun, either with sun block or sun protective clothing. Sun protective hats and clothing are available in our retail store, Naples Outfitters, at 2360 Shadowlawn Drive in Naples. NaplesOutfitters.com
- Do you have single and double kayaks? We have both. When you book your tour the booking software will ask you if you would like singles or doubles.
- Are life jackets provided? Always. In fact, on nature tours our guide will require you to wear one.
- What if we have never paddled before? Our guides are also instructors. Your tour will be a beginner lesson and a tour!
- What if it rains? There are quite a few months in SW Florida that getting rained on can be just wonderful. However, you guide has been checking the weather carefully in an attempt to avoid lightning. If we can’t go for safety reasons, or if it will be just too wet then we will gladly refund your money or reschedule your tour, as you wish
If you are interested in a kayak tour in the Naples area, please call our sister company, Naples Kayak Company at: 239-262-6149. Or you can visit their website at : http://www.napleskayakcompany.com