Affordable Everglades Kayak Tours
Our on the water location at Glades Haven Marina is currently closed due to Hurricane Irma. We will be delivering kayaks to locations in the Everglades when possible. In the mean time, please check out our sister location Naples Kayak Company.
Naples Kayak Company
2360 Shadowlawn Drive
Naples, Fl 34112
Naples Kayak Company has multiple locations with on the water rentals as well as family friendly, affordable, tours that run daily. Please check the website for more info. www.napleskayakcompany.com
Call NOW to book a Kayak Nature Tour 239 262-6149
Enchantment, Mystery, and Adventure! Discover the timeless Everglades backcountry and take a lifetime of memories with you! Beyond the asphalt, there is another world waiting. Where the pavement and make-believe ends, and the real Florida begins – flat water rivers, lush tropical jungle, twisting mangrove tunnels and a habitat rich in wildlife. Our Everglades Kayak Tours is without a doubt one of the best and certainly our favorite way to experience the Everglades. Quiet and unobtrusive to wildlife, it is a great way to see things “up close and personal.” Imagine paddling quietly, observing breathtaking beauty and gliding up close to the local wildlife. Let go of stress and discover why our paddle trips will become the highlight to your vacation.
This three-hour half day kayak tour is rated “easy active” and is an excellent introduction to kayaking and the Everglades for anyone of any age. Families are welcome. We paddle a total of about three miles at a slow, easy pace. No previous kayaking experience is required.
Meet your kayaking guide and the other members of your tour on the Glades Haven Marina boat ramp at 9:00am. Glades Haven is located at 801 South Copeland Avenue, Everglades City, FL 34139 and is easily found directly across the street from the Gulf Coast Visitor Center. After a brief orientation, paddle lesson and safety instruction, we head out onto the warm and calm waters of Everglades National Park. We paddle the nearby Halfway Creek which narrows as we head upstream where the mangroves close in to form a canopy overhead. Referred to as a mangrove tunnel, this small sun dappled creek leads deep into the heart of the Everglades. Every day is different and things change rapidly in this wilderness environment, but we often encounter dolphins, manatees, osprey, herons, ibis, pelicans, as well as a variety of fish and sub-surface marine life. This tour takes place in the brackish water (salt and fresh mix) mangrove estuary habitat of Everglades National Park. Some guests are relieved (and others disappointed) to learn that this brackish water is not the preferred habitat of alligators and we rarely encounter them on this tour. Are you relieved or disappointed?
It is occasionally necessary to revise our planned route due to guests’ interests and skill levels, current water depths, tidal currents, safe weather conditions, and wind/wave levels. The area is vast and there is much to see, so whatever actual route we select depends on local conditions that day. We end the tour back at the boat ramp at Glades Haven Marina at 12:00 PM.
You will be guided by a Naturalist guide. Our guides have a pulse on the Everglades and have chosen to live and work in the area as a way of life. They are experienced naturalists who are passionate about this fragile ecosystem. Allow them to show you their secret places while sharing their vast knowledge of this irreplaceable world treasure. You will be in knowledgeable, safe and experienced hands.
Safety is paramount. Even if you have never kayaked before, paddling in the Everglades is very safe and great for beginners because our water is warm, flat and shallow. Your guide, a certified Wilderness First Responder trained to respond to emergencies in the backcountry, will thoroughly discuss safety procedures before we head out. Everyone is required to wear a provided PFD (life vest) for the duration of the tour. Your guide will also carry safety, navigation and communications equipment. You will be paddling in comfortable and stable high-quality kayaks and using the best equipment. The type of kayak used will be based on your experience and the current weather conditions. We never go out if dangerous weather conditions (lightening, waves, wind, etc) threaten.
This tour includes in the price: three hours of professional instruction and guiding, single or double kayaks including all kayaking and safety equipment, and all required permits. We use comfortable and stable, single and double, sit-on-top and sit-inside recreational kayaks. You may choose a single or double kayak at your preference. These boats are not the narrow and confining sea kayaks used with spray skirts that you may have seen or used in the past. You need to bring nothing from home except a few personal items discussed below.
What to Bring:
Please bring good sun protection including wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, long sleeved shirt, waterproof sun block and lip balm. Also bring insect repellant with 15-30% DEET. Most importantly, wear protective footwear for walking in water, deep soft mud, and sharp oyster shells. Your shoes will get wet. Sport shoes work great but no flip flops. Don’t forget your camera and binoculars! Many clothing and accessory items are available at our store in Naples; Naples Outfitters, 2360 Shadowlawn Drive 239 262 6149 Naplesoutfittersflorida.com
Although infrequent, it is sometimes necessary for us to cancel or modify a trip because of unusual or unexpected circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any trip due to adverse weather conditions, water levels, forest fires, hurricanes, permit restrictions, or other circumstances beyond our control. In the event of a cancellation or modification of a trip, we will fully refund the tour price but we cannot be held responsible for any other resulting expenses (transportation, lodging, etc.) incurred by guests.
Interested? Drop us an email and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Affordable Everglades Kayak Tours
For tours in the Naples area, please see our sister company Naples Kayak Company at: http://www.napleskayakcompany.com
The three hour Everglades Kayak Tour guided tour (Halfway Creek Tour) costs just $99 per person plus tax. The tours are a minimum of 2 people.
Other Tours, which includes shuttle to and from the tour site.
Turner River Everglades Kayak Tours – Just 109.00 Per person, Min 2 Persons
East River Everglades Kayak Tours – Just 109.00 Per Person, Min 2 Persons
Kayak Fishing Tour Guide direct line ( Bobby Miller)- 239 293 7743
Tour guides email direct firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some commonly asked questions about our Guided Kayak Nature Tours
- Is it common to give a gratuity to my guide? It is certainly customary in the United States to give a gratuity to service personnel who have done a good job, just as you would at any other venue. Remember that your tour guide is checking the weather and tide, loading and unloading the kayaks or boards and working hard to find wildlife on your kayak tour or SUP tour. All of this is in addition to the significant investment in training and equipment that our professional guides have put forth.
- Are there alligators? There are alligators in Florida. We don’t provide tours in areas that normally would have any significant population of gators. Remember also that gators really just want to eat, sleep and make more gators. They usually eat things like fish and turtles.
- What should I wear? Ideally you should protect your skin from the sun, either with sun block or sun protective clothing. Sun protective hats and clothing are available in our retail store, Naples Outfitters, at 2360 Shadowlawn Drive in Naples. NaplesOutfitters.com
- Do you have single and double kayaks? We have both. When you book your tour the booking software will ask you if you would like singles or doubles.
- Are life jackets provided? Always. In fact, on nature tours our guide will require you to wear one.
- What if we have never paddled before? Our guides are also instructors. Your tour will be a beginner lesson and a tour!
- What if it rains? There are quite a few months in SW Florida that getting rained on can be just wonderful. However, you guide has been checking the weather carefully in an attempt to avoid lightning. If we can’t go for safety reasons, or if it will be just too wet then we will gladly refund your money or reschedule your tour, as you wish